To Dos and Goals

It seems like I haven't blogged in forever, even though I just blogged yesterday. I guess it's just been a long day.
Anyway, besides that...
My wife brought up the idea of making a few lists: one for short term goals, one for long term goals. I didn't say so at the time - I was pretty zoned, after work and driving around aimlessly can do that to me - but it seemed like a pretty good idea. So I thought I'd do it here. Why? Two reasons, really: One because it makes the list seem more solid, more real, if I show it to someone else, and who better to show it to than you, Internet? And two, because maybe someone else will read this and get their own idea to do the same thing to make themselves better, too. Hey, who knows? I'd love to have more positive impacts on other people's lives.
So here goes.
Oh, a little definition first: The short term things are things for the next week or so, while long term is more like next month through the rest of the year. The short term list is the To Do for the next seven days, long term are more Goals than To Dos.

I want to make sure that I take my vitamins every day, and in doing so make sure that Kiddo takes his, too. We both take the gummy Flintstones (r) or (cm) or (whatever), so it's easy to get him to take his because I'm taking them too. This is a To Do.
Along with that, I want to keep taking the St. John's Wort. To Do.
Another To Do: Walk three times a week. Even if it's just down to Walgreen's and back - heck, that's almost a mile, so that's a good walk. The four-hour walks that Kiddo and I take are good, too, but almost too long. And I need to stretch before and after I walk so maybe my legs won't hurt so much so often.
Stop eating more than two servings of sweets at a time. Hey, I gotta start somewhere. Another To Do.
It seems most of my list is going to be To Dos. Like stop eating fast food. Which does include Hardee's, even though they're technically 'slow' food.
I want to get to level 55 on Wow before the Refer-A-Friend bonuses wear off. I want to be able to make Death Knights on other people's servers, and finally have a decent leveled character.

Let's force out some Goals.
I want to save $200 and put it in savings.
I want to never be called by someone collecting money again.
I want to pay back my debts.

Another To Do: I want to rearrange my hard drive and re-backup my stuff once it's arranged in a logical manner.

Really, that's about all I got.
It's sad that all my Goals have to do with money. And I really can't come up with any more.
I bet that says something about me.

1 comment:

Crunchy Mama said...

You DO know that "cm" is the abbreviation for "centimeter", right? If you meant "copyright" you should have just put "(c)". XD